Sunday 3 March 2019

Motorcycle diary - down memory lane!



Sunday, February 03, 2002

Just a few weeks old, my Royal Enfield was still as brand as new. I was working then working in the newspaper advertisement department.

That Sunday morning, I got a call from Arunangsu Roy Chowdhary, our Business newspaper photographer who wanted a picture of a corporate employee for a feature. They wanted a representative picture of an executive attending an interview. I was to be modelling for the HR feature, and I was excited. Dressed in formals, Tie and all, I drove done on my 'Bullet'. 

After quite a few pictures clicked in various postures, I asked the photographer to click one with me on my new bike. The picture, the first of the many clicked over the years continues to be one of my favourites.




(Year 1 - 2002)



The next week’s LIFE column in BL featured my picture in the bright yellow shirt, I wish they had published my pic with the bike rather. 





Link to the 2002 article: https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/life/2002/02/11/stories/2002021100130100.htm



Later that afternoon I went on a long drive on the bike to Sangareddy, the first of the many long drives across Telangana region.




(At 10 years)




In its 18th year now, it still stays Royal as a King!






(17 years and counting - 2018) 



There is only one thing bigger than the bullet, The pride of owning one!

No comments:

‘Effervescent, mercurial, genius, a genuinely warm and wonderful human Being’

Tribute Summer of 1995 : He arrived in Hyderabad, from Chennai, to take up the assignment as Assistant Regional Manager, Advt, at The Hindu....